- New Powerful Fly Rods for the Newest Fly Fishing Destination – Rio Marié and the Development of the New Boron III Plus Jungle Rods.
- Jeff Currier travels to Mexico in search of roosterfish with the new Boron III Plus saltwater rods.
- Catch Magazine interviews David Ondaatje of R.L. Winston Rod Company about aerial photography. Includes the award winning film, “Icarus”.
- Fly Fishing in the Brazilian Jungle – Winston Pro Advisor, Ian Davis, Reviews the New Boron III Plus.
- Cuba on the Fly – Cuba Specialist, Jon Covich, Reviews the New Boron III Plus.
Tag Archives: Boron III SX
We’re beginning a new series on the blog to introduce you to some of the executive leadership here at Winston. Since the company began in 1929, there has been an uncompromising approach to creating the finest fly rods in the world.
In this post, VP of Operations and Design Annette McLean shares the company’s perspectives on the design philosophy that shapes how each rod series is designed, prototyped, and tested before finding its way onto the racks of your favorite fly shop. She has been a part of virtually every stage and department related to rod manufacture and design: boron and graphite rod building, reel seat production, and bamboo rod building.